Wednesday, September 8, 2010

UTP Unplugged - Embracing the elderly at EID. A fund raising event for old folk homes in Ipoh.


Each one of us could make a difference in the world. It doesn't matter how big or small our contribution; the important thing is in the intention. To all of the students from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) who had contributed their time, and were so magnanimous with their talents (dancers, musicians, singers, actor and the 4 incredible MC Taha, Osama, Beshir & Mirfah), may God Bless and reward you richly. Of course, not forgetting the people behind the show, the PM Beshoy, the assistants (Trang, Mostafa and Umdao), your friends and families that have supported the event, thank you so much. I know also that some have even canceled their holiday plans (Naim!!) a million thanks for all your commitment and contribution:

In the darkest of nights
I will not despair,
There shine for me
The most beautiful display.

They sparkle in resplendent beauty
for all and for me,
Illuminates my weary soul
With love aplenty.

They dance and they sing,
Strumming their guitars,
the whole orchestra
Serenading me.

A lullaby.
For an old soul,
That's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment