Thursday, August 8, 2013

I am Who I am?



Which one are you really,
When you look at yourself in the mirror, is that you?
or, is the person staring back someone else, a shadowy self that exists but which has no soul?
Sometimes I feel that I am not real, that who I am, what I feel are not really me. It is a person
who lives, in this body, but with a mind that does not seemed bonded to its physical self.

I wonder if people do see themselves as one person; the physical self and the mind self.
I have this imagination that who I really am, what I feel is separate from the physical.
Often a time when I look at myself in the mirror I am struck by the strange incredulous sense of looking at someone else. I stare at the shadowy self and wonder whether the "person" staring back is really me. Because honestly, I do not have an idea of how I should look like. I do not see my body as belonging to the "me" which makes my mind self.

In fact, I have no conception of who I am.

There's a name. A label. An idea of a person.

But is that really me?



No comments:

Post a Comment