Saturday, October 9, 2010

Be sustainable, in life and love

"Whatever we water in our lives inevitably grows. The motivation for sustainable change sprouts when we passionately protect and celebrate life." Dr. Robi Sonderegger.

This has been a good reminder for me today to look at my life and ask the inevitable question: "What difference did I make today?" It worries me, all the times, when I look back at my days and found nothing significant to report. It makes me feel so inconsequential and useless. Our lives are meant to be meaningful. No matter who we are, where we are, our existence did not happen by accident. We are who we are, and where we are at that moment in our lives. Our lives wasn't an afterthought. We were meant to be.

So, I ask myself again, what did I do today that had made a difference, not just to me and those around me, but in my existence as a whole?

It is interesting, I just realized, that maybe this is a good indicator for affecting the change we hope in our lives. To constantly ask and seek answers to this question may as well be the reason for being; for our existence...because every time we ask this question of ourselves, we are making sure that we are on the track of change.

To be sustainable. To grow. To live.

No comments:

Post a Comment