Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A new year begins, but it doesn't feel new

This blog has been dormant. I know, and far too long. I am not going to give those cliched excuses and am not apologetic about it. This is how it is with life. Some people have too much to say. Some too little, and some none at all.

So what is new about the new year? Did you see it coming? Did you wait in anticipated breath for its arrival?

Or did it just come and go with you the wiser not to bother about it?

Does your life feel different in the new year? I wonder. To be fair I did feel a little bit different for a few days; I could say a new optimism for life was building. There was an extra gait to my walk, I might even suggest I wanted to run. For a while. Just a little while. But like the swallowed rush of excitement one normally feels for something new,it did not last. When the novelty of it wore off, the excitement withers away nonetheless.

Life could be such a bland sometimes. As bland as I am feeling now.

I do not feel new in the new year. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment