Friday, September 6, 2013

Who do you really want to be?

What are your dreams? I know this feels like being in primary school and being asked by the teacher, "who do you want to be when you grow up?" I mean, seriously. Would you really know who you  want to be when you grow up at that age? The idea that a child would understand the conception of a job is quite presumptuous.

Even now, at my almost half a century existence, I still do not know who I want to be.
You can call me naive.
You might even like to call me foolish.
Not knowing who I am.

But I wonder if "want to be" is necessarily "be" in a job? If you do something for a living, does that define who you are? Who you want to be?

I like to think, dreams are "who you really want to be". Not in doing a job, but in awareness of existing. Because dreams should not be associated with doing something, but in the many simple things that enhance your sense of self. Your sense of worth. Your sense of purpose.
For being.

No comments:

Post a Comment