Saturday, April 10, 2010

What does it mean to live?

I wonder how many times we stop to ask the question, Am I living? I mean, really "living" in the real sense of the word. Do we just exist; moving from one day to the next and the next, and the next... going through our daily routine like the day before and the days before that.

Are we so tight down with the days activities to appreciate perhaps the real meaning of "living"?

STOP for a minute. Ok, breathe in - hold - feel your senses, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 let go slowly. Good.

But that's only the physical sense of living. You know you are still alive; and you are living.

My contention here is the other sense -- the non physical. The thoughts that go into the every act of living. The spiritual as some people would like to call it. Do we stop to ask ourselves, ok I am doing this now, this is me alive. I want to experience this with all the senses that I am feeling. This is me alive, doing this.

Savor this moment. Be grateful for this moment. It is happening now. This minute. When this minute is passed, we move to the next and that minute is gone forever. There's no getting it back. Be engaged. Be appreciative. Be grateful. Be sad.

This is what is meant by really living.

No comments:

Post a Comment