Friday, November 12, 2021

me you

 One day in a far distant future

i will look back

at these circles of moments that weaved my past

a destiny imprinted over sands of time.

 

in this dry hollow night

i whisper silent promises

a vow to keep

to my future self (in that far distant future):

I'll be the morning breeze

free

to roam

the circumference of the earth,

I'll be curious

to taste

the flavor of love and deception.

I'll be brave

to feel joy,

I'll be ready

to suffer pain.

For, neither is joy for the fainthearted

nor pain for those who can endure.

here now, a wish for that version of me (in that faraway future),

i hope you will look back kindly

i have tried to live you well

i had not known any other way

But fate had thrown me you,

i didn't know any other,

so i lived you and me


.


Wan, R (2021, 13/11/2021)



 


 

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment